WORKSHOP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in the workshop description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form.
2. The balance on the cost of the workshop will be due four weeks before the workshop starts. If full payment is not received by the specified dates we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
3. If a booking made less than four weeks prior to the departure date, the full cost of the workshop is payable at the time of booking.
4. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing. The date on which the letter is received by us, will determine the cancellation charges that are applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total workshop price and are as follows: More than 56 days before departure: Loss of deposit; 56-42 days before departure 50%; 41-28 days before departure 75%, 27 days or less before departure 100%.
5. On all workshops, unless otherwise stated, you will be allocated a single room, or a double or twin room, for single occupancy. Where double or twin rooms are available for single occupancy at no extra cost their numbers may be limited and they will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
7. Dave Fieldhouse reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Dave Fieldhouse. In addition, in the case of a cancellation and where cancellation is not due to under booking or force majeure as defined below, we will pay you compensation on the following scale: more than 56 days before departure nil; 56-43 days before departure £10 per person; 42-29 days before departure £15 per person; 28-15 days before departure £20 per person; 14-0 days before departure £25 per person. For the avoidance of doubt, as Dave Fieldhouse is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the cost of your flight in the event of workshop cancellation. Your attention is drawn to clause 18 below.
8. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour because of this we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather.
9. In the event of Dave Fieldhouse being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control another workshop leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 7 will come into effect.
10. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars of a workshop before we enter into a contact with you. If there is a change we will notify you before we enter into such a contract.
11. If you have any special dietary or other requests you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
12. To ensure compliance with the Package Travel Regulations, in the event of insolvency, all customer’s payments will be paid into a trust account.
13. Where airport/hotel transfers are included in the cost of a workshop, such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and Dave Fieldhouse is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. You are referred to clause 18 below.
14. The type of workshops we offer requires flexibility and you must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and the workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Dave Fieldhouse.
15. Dave Fieldhouse accepts responsibility for acts and/omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment) Dave Fieldhouse does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop with Dave Fieldhouse unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
16. Dave Fieldhouse does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
17. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
18. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
19. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage and special equipment is given in good faith. 20. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your workshop destination and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your workshop. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms and conditions of your own travel insurances per clause 18 above. 21. By signing the booking for you are agreeing to accept all of the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
20. By attending a workshop I hereby give my permission for images taken of myself to be used to promote Dave Fieldhouse workshops or to be for any Media for any purpose (except pornographic, defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful) which may include, among others, advertising, promotion, marketing and packaging for any product or service.
For all UK workshops a deposit of £50 is required.
For non-UK workshops a deposit of £200 is required.